About the organization
Not less than 132.5 km², of which 6 km² is water and 8 centers, in the middle of the green heart: it is Alphen aan den Rijn. Modern, but with thousands of years of history. A municipality with 111,000 inhabitants with both urban challenges and issues that are very village-like. A municipality where water has traditionally played an important role, with the Oude Rijn as the eye-catcher, but also a lot of old Dutch polder landscape, meters below NAP. The public space is very diverse, making it a challenging task to manage and control it. Alphen aan den Rijn is proud of its green-blue character and has an active policy of maintaining and improving it. And Alphen aan den Rijn is very aware of the changing climate and its consequences for public space. Your workspace offers a lot of variety, diversity and space for your own input.
The Public Space Projects team consists of project managers, design managers, directors, supervisors and (project) support. This team is responsible for the project-based realization of civil and cultural engineering projects. The projects may relate to spatial development and rebuilding of the public space. From the start-up phase to the handover to the managers.
About the function
- As the design manager for Public Space, you are the technical conscience and first point of contact for the project manager. You are technically responsible for the preparation of requirements program, preparation and realization of complex projects in the public space. During the preparation process, you are responsible for the quality of the design products, the UAV (gc) contracts and the supervision of the external engineering firms.
- Together with the project manager, you are also responsible for environmental management in the preparation process. When outsourcing engineering services, you ensure quality assurance based on the design principles, monitor progress and coordinate the integrated approach to the public sector. You test both internal and external products and if necessary you are the spider in the web and you involve the other disciplines in this process. Then you coordinate with the project manager and devise in joint consultation measures to improve the quality.
- You advise project teams in terms of technical feasibility and you test the integrated design of the public area. When using external market partners, you as a design manager ensure a proper task formulation, supervision and product testing.
- You follow developments in the field, you are not unfamiliar with project-based work and you contribute to various projects and consultations.
The job requirements
- As design manager for Public Space, you are independent, willing to learn, results-oriented and have persuasive ability. You have communication and negotiation skills and know how to create connections between different actors in the project.
- You have advice and organizational skills and can of course express yourself orally and in writing. In addition, we expect you to recognize yourself in the identity of our organization, as we describe here.
- You have at least 2 years of demonstrable work experience as a public space planner.
- You have completed a master’s degree in engineering at a minimum HBO level and you have demonstrable knowledge of UAV and UAVgc.
A guaranteed challenging job for 36 hours in a cozy organization. The function is classified in scale 10 (min. € 3090 – max. € 4671). The employment is for one year with the prospect of a permanent employment. Thanks to the Individual Choice Budget (value 17.05% of the gross annual salary), you have access to part of your holiday pay and year-end bonus every month. You can get an amount paid out or use it for, among other things, buying a bicycle or buying extra leave. Any parental leave is paid in part by the municipality. You also get an iPhone and laptop or tablet on loan and there are plenty of opportunities for personal development and study.
Alphen aan den Rijn municipality is an ambitious municipality. Collaborative, result-oriented, customer-oriented and willing to change are our core competencies. Our employees have a passion and courage to innovate again and again. Always with the aim of achieving the best result for the 111,000 inhabitants of Alphen aan den Rijn municipality.
Within our organization, you always work in a home team with professional colleagues and a team leader. A large number of colleagues work with social issues in different areas. We give you the opportunity to be deployed to the tasks based on your talent and to be part of various composite teams.
Our town hall has an open and informal atmosphere. We think it is important that you thrive on your work and that you make optimal use of your qualities and talents. We therefore offer you many opportunities and space to develop yourself further and use your expertise for the benefit of the municipality and the residents. In short, in the municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn you quickly feel at home, we do everything we can for our residents and we bring out the best in you.
About the application procedure
Nico Oudhof 088-0115000