Are you the digital learning and development advisor we are looking for?
Are you ready for a new challenge, where we as L&O professionals jointly realize a state-of-the-art L&O department to support the employees in The Hague in providing the best possible service to the citizens of The Hague?
The learning and development team in the Service and Quality Department, D&K, is ambitious and in full swing. We are a unique combination of experienced consultants who know exactly how the organization works and what is going on in the workplace, and young professionals who spot opportunities and start new initiatives.
We want to be a state-of-the-art D&K / L&O department that offers effective learning solutions, is a true partner for the organization and leaders
Are you the learning professional with a growth mindset who will lift learning and development to a higher level with us? Then we are looking for you!
What do you want to do?
As a digital learning and development advisor, you engage in a conversation with your colleague or client, and you advise on complex learning and development issues. Together with the client and / or peer advisor learning and development, you get a clear picture of the problem, and you decide whether and, if so, which (digital) learning and development needs. With your skills and sharp analytical skills, you then propose an appropriate approach, where you translate the problem into (digital) solutions and interventions.
You have a creative mindset and the ability to live with the client and the end user. Based on this, you make a didactic design in collaboration with a content expert. To do this, organize creative brainstorming sessions with your colleagues to arrive at a combination of empirical methods with effective learning methods. You then realize the design in Articulate Rise / Storyline or for larger projects in collaboration with an external party, where you supervise the development process.
You show that you are aware of the current developments in learning & development.
You actively maintain your network with other L&O departments inside and outside the municipality. In addition, you will be informed and participate in the activities of other departments within the domain Service and Quality. You are closely involved in preparing learning programs / learning lines and you implement L&O programs and activities together with the organization.
What are we asking about?
We are looking for a creative, results-oriented, analytical and widely developed professional who takes a fresh look at The Hague Municipality’s innovation and service offering.
In addition, you are a person with:
- experience working in a learning platform
- experience in making didactic design
- affinity with innovation and technology
- experience with Articulation Storyline and knowledge of Adobe
- An open and curious setting that spots opportunities. You actively involve stakeholders in your work and you communicate actively, openly and crystal clear – both personally and in writing. You also work systematically, prioritize and you have an excellent sense of humor
- a relevant completed education such as training or educational science at HBO level.
- at least 3 years’ relevant professional experience in advising and developing in the L&D field.
What do we offer?
You get plenty of space for your own initiatives and to think with us about the service. All in a comfortable working environment and an open culture. Depending on your background and (work) experience, we offer you:
- A salary of a maximum of € 4,671 gross per. month (scale 10) based on a full (36-hour) working week;
- An employment contract of in principle 12 months, possibly with a probationary period. With good performance, there is the possibility of extension or permanent employment.
- 36-hour working week with room to build up compensatory leave.
In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package for you, such as:
- Various training and development opportunities;
- Admission to the ABP pension fund;
- A monthly contribution to health insurance;
- An individual Election Budget (IKB) to a value of 17.05% on top of your salary, which you can use for extra leave, salary or membership of the fitness center in the City Hall.
Who are we?
You become part of the business operations department. At the Business Operations Department, we make the municipality’s work possible. From clean and safe workplaces, a solid ICT infrastructure, a comprehensive financial administration, communication in the city to policies for, for example, socially responsible procurement and modern employers. We are arranging it so that the almost 10,000 officials can do their job well for the city and the inhabitants of The Hague.
In the coming years, we will continue to build the business operations department step by step. It is our ambition to make it a service that can quickly adapt to new realities and offer modern services. There is plenty of room to work together on new, smart solutions, innovation and personal development.
You will be part of the Business Operations department, which currently still consists of the organizational units BEC (Business Management Expertise Center), IDC (Internal Service Center) and I&A (Information & Automation). With more than 1500 employees, we advise and support the municipal organization effectively and professionally. Together, we ensure that everyone in the municipality can do their job well, for the city and The Hague’s residents. There is plenty of room to work with new smart solutions, innovation and personal development. The operations department is in full development and will, by 1 March 2022, include the following components: Personnel and Organization, Finance, Purchasing, Communications, Computerization and Automation and Legal Affairs. A final decision on construction and housing conditions has yet to be made.
To know more
For more information about the position, please contact Ingrid Schoemaker, Learning & Development Manager, telephone number 06-29092075 or Vera Spreksel, senior Learning & Development 06-24849189.
- More about our terms of employment can be found at www.werkenvoordenhaag.nl/werkenvoorwaarden
- Applying for a good certificate of conduct (VOG) is part of the procedure.
- If we are not able to physically talk to applicants due to developments around coronavirus, the job interviews will take place online with the Microsoft Teams application.