Language and contact are indispensable for participation. The Netherlands has more than 600,000 newcomers who want to learn to speak the language better. Language coaching by volunteers is a powerful tool for this. As a newcomer, you practice your Dutch and you both come out of your bubble. The basics It begins with language strengthens language coaching organizations with material, training and advice and increases knowledge of language coaching. We have also recently launched the online language coaching program ‘talking friends’ from: chatting dutch online with a newcomer.
We are urgently looking for a communication and community professional colleague. Initially for 6 months, but with the intention of extension. Want to join our enthusiastic team?
As a communication and social professional, you are active in both the Stichting Het Begint met Taal and the Kletsmetjes program. You create enticing content that ensures that both offers are better found and used by coordinators, volunteers, newcomers and other stakeholders. You also manage the affiliate communities.
– You promote and monitor the vision of Het Begint met Taal.
– You write and place relevant and attractive content on the social media channels and websites of Het Begint met Taal and Kletsmetjes.
– You take care of the newsletters from Het Begint met Taal and Chat Buddies.
– You ensure clear internal and external communication about the communities in Het Begint met Taal and Kletsmetjes.
– You edit texts from colleagues, where necessary, to websites, annual report, guidelines and news articles from Het Begint met Taal and Kletsmetjes.
– You provide associated visual material (design via Canva).
Development, analysis and strategy
– You contribute with ideas about our communication strategy and the annual and quarterly communication goals that follow for Het Begint met Taal en Kletsmetjes.
– You prepare the annual communication plans and implement them on the basis of content calendars.
– You analyze the communication terms via tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google AdWords, prepare periodic reports and make recommendations for our communication strategy.
– You develop and manage our community platforms on which coordinators, volunteers and / or newcomers exchange their tips and suggestions; where necessary, you can gain significant knowledge from colleagues. You conduct needs research in the local communities, and you supervise ambassadors. You learn what works and what doesn’t, and give it back to the team.
Who we are looking for
● You fully support the vision of Het Begint met Taal. It is a great advantage if you have experience of learning Dutch as a newcomer.
● You are enthusiastic, determined and an ‘approachable’ who likes to work with clear goals.
● You like to keep a lot of balls in the air at the same time, and you love the sum of a small, enterprising organization that responds flexibly to current developments.
● Targeted work is important to you: you want to do and try things and at the same time learn if it works, so you can develop from it.
● You can easily solve tasks independently: You know what answers you need to be able to perform your work, involve others in this and look for something if you do not yet have or do not know the answer.
● You have a smooth pen, writing talent to excite people and the will to contribute to a positive image.
● You are handy with WordPress / page builders and preferably also with Mailchimp, Canva, Hootsuite and Google Analytics.
● You have an excellent written command of the Dutch language.
● You are flexible in time and commitment.
● You have at least 5 years of experience in communication (preferably in a network / knowledge organization).
What we offer
Lots of freedom and space for your own initiative.
● An enthusiastic, driven & ambitious team.
● Opportunities for personal development, such as courses and training.
● Flexibility around working online or in the office (50/50).
● A position of 32 hours immediately for 6 months (with the possibility of extension).
● A salary based on scale 8, Agreement for social work
We gladly accept no later than Wednesday 22 June 2022 your application with CV via email@example.com, in the name of Samira el Alami. For questions please contact Elise Zomer on 06-22428267.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.