As a landscape and / or urban designer, you work with design within interdisciplinary projects. You share our enthusiasm and you enjoy working with current themes such as strengthening biodiversity, energy conversion, climate adaptation, urban renewal of public space or rural conversion. As a designer, you are the person who can bring these often related themes together in a manageable way in a design. In this role, you will work with experienced landscape architects, urban planners and architects. Your range of tasks will be wide: from visions, development plans to implementation products, both landscape and more urban. Involvement of residents and users and collaboration with the area’s partners characterize our approach to projects. You start wide, after which a career towards a specific niche (landscape or urban planning) is possible.
With urban planner Witteveen as one of the founders of Witteveen + Bos, spatial design has been in our agency’s DNA for decades. The team of spatial designers at Witteveen + Bos consists of a growing number of approximately 30 landscape architects, urban planners and architects. We work on the basis of product-market combinations (PMCs), area development, buildings and planning studies and process management within the construction environment sector. Based on a thorough analysis, we develop creative visions and develop them into realistic designs. Our goal is to work on projects with effect, based on an ingenious approach and based on the identity of the environment. Examples of recent projects are the development plan for the Roodzanden nature reserve, design for the public space in Weespersluis, redevelopment of the public space and climate-adapted restructuring of various districts in Schiedam, Haarlem and Groningen, spatial research in the future waterway connection Ameland, area. visions for housing and nature development in rural areas and design research for the Creative Industries Foundation NL.
What we ask about
- university or hbo educated in landscape architecture or urban planning (such as Wageningen University, TU Delft, Academy of Architecture or Van Hall Larenstein);
- at least 2 years’ work experience;
- an enterprising and driven attitude;
- a social and flexible team player;
- want to look beyond the boundaries of their own field;
- knowledge of Adobe applications (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign). Knowledge of Autocad and hand drawing is a plus;
- good Dutch and English language skills are required.
What we offer
- working on leading design projects at home and abroad;
- work for a reputable design and engineering company;
- a dynamic and challenging work environment in varying project teams;
- awareness of career opportunities and development through education / courses (including PEP, BEP or Academy);
- 32-40 hours of work per week;
- a competitive salary.
Who we are
Witteveen + Bos is a consulting and engineering company that offers worldwide solutions to complex, spatial, technical and social problems within water, infrastructure, environment and construction.
From an inspiring work environment, our more than 1,400 employees in interdisciplinary project teams work on fascinating projects at home and abroad. Our work always requires new knowledge and responsibility, which is why personal and professional development is crucial and encouraged. Our employees have the ambition to get the best out of themselves and deliver the best quality results. There is room for own initiative and entrepreneurship. The shares in our agency are owned by our own employees.
Are you interested? So apply directly online. We ask you to motivate in a letter why you are the right person to strengthen our team, and we would like to see your work in a portfolio (max 8 MB). For further information on this position please contact Mr ir. M. (Martijn) Franssen, telephone 06 19 27 83 64 for landscape architecture or Mr. ir. H. (Harro) Wieringa, telephone 06 19 27 97 91 for urban planning.