An internship where you develop from Drawing-Designer to Senior Designer or Lead-Engineer at lightning speed. Where you follow exciting educations and courses. And how friendly, professional colleagues are ready for you. It’s all waiting for you at Houdijk Holland in Vlaardingen. Your view? In two to three years, you will be trained to become a specialist in innovative, mechatronic (robot) systems for the biscuit industry.
Did you know that almost half of all cookies in the supermarket are packed by our machines? These advanced machines pack up to 20,000 biscuits per minute. During your internship, you will learn all the ins and outs of developing and calculating supply, dosing and sorting systems according to our customers’ wishes: the – often international – industrial bakers. The first four weeks are devoted to Houdijk Academy. You work with mechanics, follow crash courses in our business processes and you fully master the CAD package SolidWorks.
You will then be linked to an experienced civil engineer who will teach you the tricks of the trade. In the beginning, you work mainly on installations that are fixed in relation to technical operation; you customize them for the customer. The beauty of your job? You can see the end result in our assembly hall, where you can also exchange knowledge about designs with colleagues. And not to forget: you visit our customer for field surveys. You will gradually build up knowledge of engineering and the biscuit industry, and you will be given increasingly challenging tasks.
You discuss your growth and ambitions with the team leader, and you outline your personal development plan. Develop yourself into a senior engineer to create your own machine line and monitor its development. Or specialize as a senior Structural Engineer, where you will be involved in further refinement of installation (parts), which you completely perfect. In both specializations, you quickly become familiar with the entire Houdijk process: from ordering to design, testing and setup in the assembly hall. You can count on a lot of personal responsibility during the internship.
That’s what we offer you
- A good starting salary between € 2,900 and € 3,500 gross per month based on 40 hours
- Houdijk follows the Metalectro agreement with, among other things, 27 vacation days and 13 adv days
- A nice, young team of 60 professionals who like to organize activities. Think pub quizzes, racing bike rides or block art
- A spacious, modern work environment with a good balance between work and private life: You get the opportunity to organize your working hours flexibly, and when you show maturity in your work, we offer the opportunity to partially work from home in consultation
- Internal and external courses and presentations, with different themes, so you can pursue your ambitions and keep your technical product and system knowledge up to date
- A good pension fund at PME
- A travel allowance.
You take this with you
- A completed HBO or university degree in mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering or mechatronics
- Would like some experience with SolidWorks or a similar 3D-CAD program
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
- The courage to seek information yourself to make your internship a success and contact colleagues to do so.
So says your future colleague
,, In 2013 I started as a draftsman-designer at Houdijk. The deciding factors? The challenge and innovation offered to me here. The atmosphere is also good: I have pleasant colleagues and there is plenty of room for personal and professional development. And you can definitely go through that by trying and failing ”, Menze-Jan, senior engineer.
Do you want to get started as our new trainee? Apply quickly by uploading your CV and motivation before 1 September 2022 via the button on this page. The application procedure consists of two interviews. The first meeting is with HRM and the head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Is there a click? We will then invite you to another interview where you will be presented with a technical case with which we can test your technical insight.
SEARCH DIRECTLY! or return to the job listing.