Logitech G, a Logitech brand and leader in gaming technologies and equipment, today introduced the Aurora Collection. The new collection consists of the G735 Wireless Gaming Headset, G715 Wireless Gaming Keyboard, G713 Gaming Keyboard, G705 Wireless Gaming Mouse and eight special accessories. These are designed to be gender inclusive and not gender exclusive. It caters to the needs and wants of female gamers while appealing to all gamers looking for a playful design.
The Aurora collection has a distinct aesthetic and design, but also allows for personalization through customized accessories and color options. The collection features advanced gaming technologies from Logitech G, such as LIGHTSPEED high-performance wireless technology and Blue VO!CE microphone technology. The result is a collection that invites all gamers to be themselves, while offering the advanced feature set that all gamers have come to expect from Logitech G.
“Much of the games industry has stuck to a one-size-fits-all mentality. However, it does not reflect the broad range of consumers who focus on self-expression and playing games for pleasure. It certainly doesn’t fit with Logitech’s commitment to providing solutions for all gamers. When we looked at our own gaming products, we realized we could do more,” said Ujesh Desai, Vice President and General Manager of Logitech G. “With the Aurora collection, we’ve created a gender-inclusive collection that focuses on comfort, accessibility and playfulness, and that supports our long-term promise to let everyone experience the joy of play.”
The Aurora collection was designed with feedback from female gamers across the community and brought to life by a team of primarily female innovation, design, engineering and marketing leaders at Logitech. The collection was created to address the gaming wants and needs of an underrepresented segment of gamers and to reshape the future of gaming where representation is prominent.
The design process was guided by the following three principles:
- Comfort: During the design phase, the team considered things like: longer hair, glasses, earrings and smaller hands. The team prioritized products that felt and looked good to support longer gaming sessions. They explored different materials and finishes that felt light and soft.
- Availability: To address accessibility, the team departed from the typical sharp edges, black colors and garish aesthetics to create a more welcoming experience with softer tones, translucent materials and soothing lighting.
- Playfulness: The Aurora collection encourages self-expression. The products come in the basic color White Mist with the option of customizing them with Pink Dawn and Green Flash accessories. Players can also show their creative side with thousands of customizable lighting combinations available in the G HUB with the signature Aurora Collection lighting we call ‘Play Moods’.
“Our quest to create a gender-inclusive collection of gaming products challenged us to put aside old ideas and ask ourselves some essential questions about our own love of gaming,” said Tiffany Beers, Head of Gaming Innovation at Logitech G. “By focusing on designs for primarily female gamers, we have not only achieved that, but have also created a collection that we hope will be meaningful to an even wider segment of gamers, beyond gender and stereotypes. We are excited about the Aurora collection and what it represents.”
The Aurora collection consists of:
- G735 Wireless Gaming Headset – With a White Mist finish, RGB lighting and on-ear dual audio mixing, the G735 is a versatile option for any player. It is the first Logitech G headset to feature the new Blue VO!CE microphone technology, which allows a player’s voice to be modulated and audio settings saved in the Logitech G Hub software. The G735 Wireless Gaming Headset is also available for smaller head sizes, maximizing comfort for all gamers. Gamers can enjoy long gaming sessions with over 56 hours of battery life (without lighting) and experience wireless freedom through Logitech G’s award-winning LIGHTSPEED wireless technology and Bluetooth connectivity.
- G715 and G713 Mechanical Gaming Keyboards – These deliver subdued ambiences with high key performance, allowing players to express themselves and play their way. A compact TKL layout and adjustable height provide all-day comfort. Pack it up and use it anywhere with a rechargeable battery that delivers 25 hours of non-stop play and includes LIGHTSPEED wireless technology and Bluetooth connectivity. Both keyboards come with a Cloud-Soft wrist rest for added comfort.
- G705 Wireless Gaming Mouse – Specially designed for smaller hands with a compact, snug fit and advanced gaming technology. The G705 weighs only 85 grams, providing long-lasting, lightweight comfort and performance. With a gaming-grade sensor, ultra-responsive LIGHTSPEED wireless technology, Bluetooth® connectivity and an easily accessible DPI cycling button, gamers can play at their best.
- Accessories – Take the collection to the next level with eight new accessories, including accents such as the cloud-shaped wrist rest, cable holder and a heart-shaped storage box. Other accessories include ear pads and boom microphones, G713 and G715 keyboard top plates, keyboard puller and brush, and a mouse pad to allow players to customize their playing style.
Complementing the Aurora collection, gamers can upgrade their game streams with a special edition of the popular Blue Yeti microphone, available in two new colors: Pink Dawn and White Mist. These Yeti microphones also include Streamlab’s exclusive stream overlays, which allow streamers to customize their stream for Twitch, YouTube and/or Facebook. Yeti also features Blue VO!CE technology, giving players access to fun vocal effects like DJ Robot and Helium Chipmunk, studio tools like EQ and NVIDIA Broadcast Noise Removal, and HD sound samples. Blue VO!CE is available via the Logitech G HUB.
Like all our other gaming products, the entire Aurora collection is certified CarbonNeutral®, which means we finance high-quality certified carbon offsets to reduce the product’s carbon footprint to zero. The products are made from post-consumer recycled material and the paper packaging comes from FSCTM certified forests. Do your part for responsible stewardship of the world’s forests by choosing these gaming products. For more information on our sustainability efforts, please visit our website.
Prices and availability
All products in the collection are now available at LogitechG.com and major retailers. The Logitech G735 Headset has a suggested retail price of €229.99. The Logitech G715 and Logitech G713 TKL gaming keyboards have a suggested retail price of €199.99 and €169.99 respectively. The Logitech G705 Gaming Mouse has a suggested retail price of €99.99. The special Blue Yeti USB microphone has a suggested retail price of €139.99. Accessories for the collection are available exclusively at LogitechG.com. For more information, please visit our website, our blog or contact us at Twitter and Instagram.