Spatial Design Consultant
32 – 40 hours | Scale 11 | Indefinite time
The province of Utrecht is looking for a spatial design consultant for the domain Urban Living Environment (SLO), Strategic Spatial Development and Coordination of Environmental Policy (SRO) team.
What do you want to do?
The province of Utrecht faces a major challenge in the coming years. It is expected that in thirty years there will be a quarter more people living in the province than now. At the same time, the province has unique qualities. We have attractive villages and towns with good facilities and beautiful and diverse nature. This makes the development of the province of Utrecht complex.
We are looking for a political advisor with knowledge of and affinity with spatial design. You will work as a consultant on various spatial tasks in rural and urban areas. You often work in interdisciplinary teams. You use spatial design to contribute to the integrity of our environmental policy and area elaborations. You often work in interdisciplinary teams. You partly work together with senior spatial designers in strategic tasks and partly you advise independently on policy development and area elaboration.
Part of the position is that you are contact responsible for independent advice for the physical living environment. You are the bridge between the Provincial Spatial Quality Advisor (PARK) and the Provincial Environmental Commission (PCL) on the one hand and the provincial organization on the other. You advise the board about PARKEN and PCL and ensure that the advice lands in the right place in the organisation. You monitor the independent role of PARKEN and PCL.
You are responsible for the following activities:
- You use ‘spatial design’ for policy development and area preparation;
- Thereby you focus on creating coherence and on spatial/environmental quality;
- Research by design focuses on inspiration, work processes, insights and choices;
- You are the bridge between the provincial organization and PARK and PCL;
- You advise management and administration regarding PARKEN and PCL.
Who are we looking for?
- Academic work and thinking level (preferably TUD, WUR or Academy of Architecture);
- At least 3 years of experience with spatial design tasks;
- A good advisory capacity, inspiring and obliging towards the board and external partners;
- Knowledge of local/regional/national challenges, the ability to shift between these scale levels;
- Ability to combine abstract vision with a practical translation thereof.
- Experience with project work;
- Interdisciplinary approach and strong analytical skills;
- Aims to achieve collaborative benefits, team player, empathetic;
- Good verbal and visual presentation;
- Quickly deployable, partly due to good knowledge of the area;
- A well-developed internal network of designers.
What do we offer?
Working in the province of Utrecht means that you make a valuable contribution to solving social challenges. These tasks require that many different disciplines and interests come together – especially outside, but also internally within the organisation. As an employee, you are the link. We gather knowledge, share our expertise and achieve success together. Together we go further.
We invest in the development of our employees. You get plenty of opportunity for your own initiative and room to grow. We believe that a healthy work-life balance is important. Everyone gets the opportunity to work flexibly and according to their own abilities. In the province of Utrecht, we work in a hybrid way. We shape how it looks together.
The organization is under development. We professionalize and work more and more task-oriented. If you like to lead the way and want to help build our organization, we guarantee you an exciting time.
In addition to challenging work and good colleagues, we offer you:
- A fixed-term employment contract of one year of 32 to 40 hours per week with a view to employment for an indefinite period;
- A salary of a maximum of €5,564.56 gross per month based on full-time employment of 40 hours per week (scale level 11);
- An Individual Choice Budget of 22.37% on top of your monthly salary, which you can choose yourself when it is paid out;
- 18 holiday days and a generous ATV scheme with a maximum of 25.5 extra days off based on full-time employment;
- A good pension accrual;
- A personal development budget of €5,000 per five years; NB POB only applies to contracts longer than six months.
- The opportunity to develop yourself through the course offerings at UtrechtAcademie.
For more information about this position, please contact Jan de Poorter, Strategic Spatial Development team leader, phone 0642600132 or email email@example.com.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Sana Nour Eddin, recruitment and selection advisor, telephone 06 25 77 89 81 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal candidates have priority over external candidates.
Are you interested? Then reply via the apply button until 9 January 2023.
We believe it is important that everyone has the opportunity to work to the best of their ability. In connection with the Participation Act, we therefore also warmly encourage candidates registered in the target group register to apply for this position.
We request a Certificate of Good Behavior (VOG) from every new employee. Integrity is reflected in the job interview.
Who are we?
Utrecht is a province to be proud of. Varied, alive and with a rich history. With many different lifestyles, cultures and personal preferences. Our region is a top region with an innovative knowledge economy.
It is our job to increase the attractiveness of our province and to facilitate growth in such a way that the quality of our place is maintained. Together with residents, businesses, organizations and other authorities, the provincial government and employees work with enthusiasm and determination for a healthy and sustainable living environment. We want everyone in the province of Utrecht to live, work and live in a fantastic way. Therefore, we ensure a good balance between greenery and growth.