- Rojava/Northern and Eastern Syria
Attacks by the invading Turkish state and its mercenaries against northern and eastern Syria have continued unabated in 2022. According to data from the Cizîre Region Human Rights Association, 21 children have been killed and 57 others injured as a result of this year’s Turkish attacks. year. 17 women were killed in the Afrin region and Camp al Hol. 9 women have been kidnapped in Afrin.
Evîn Cuma, an administrator of the Cizîre Region Human Rights Association, spoke to ANF News Agency about the violations in the region. Cuma said the purpose of the association is to document practices that violate human rights and submit these documents to international human rights institutions. She added: “We were only able to report violations to a certain extent this year, we could not document all violations. We had problems reaching the occupied territories because our resources were limited. Many human rights defenders who try to take to the occupied territories, are arrested, tortured or threatened. These violations were reported in a UN report. There is an increase in violence, rape and femicide.”
Reports sent to international organizations
Cuma noted that they have sent the collected documents to the Syrian Human Rights Association, which works for international human rights, and that the association has included human rights violations in the northeastern Syria region in their reports. Cuma said: “We have sent our reports to human rights institutions and organizations such as the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) and Human Rights Watch (HRW). Our goal was to deliver these documents to relevant institutions. It was not enough, but we did at least an effort.”
5 reports prepared
Cuma emphasizes that they have prepared five reports to be submitted to relevant international institutions and organizations this year. She gave the following information about the reports: “We specifically documented two human rights violations in Afrin, the wounding of 11 civilians in Kobanê (a four-year-old child lost his foot), the attack on the bazaar in Kobanê, the destruction of civilian settlements, the death of five girls and four others girls injured as a result of an attack on a UN-affiliated training center. All information has been collected and we will send it to the relevant international institutions and organizations.”
Cuma pointed out that so far the international organizations have not taken a serious decision against the violations committed in the region and the occupied territories.
The human rights violations and attacks on the occupied regions and northeastern Syria reported by the Cizîre Region Human Rights Association in the year 2022 are as follows:
* On 15 February, four children were injured as a result of an attack on Til Rifet.
* On April 6, four children were injured in an attack on the village of Zirgan in Esediye.
* On February 18, a child was injured in an attack on Zirgan and lost his fingers
* On May 23, a child died in an attack on a ceremony in the Nubul and Zahra region.
* On February 6, two children were injured as a result of a bomb attack in the Til Temir district.
* On July 24, two girls aged 14-17 were killed in an attack on Shehba.
* On July 24, a child was injured as a result of an attack in the Um Mehermele village of Zirgan.
* On 30 July, a child was injured as a result of an attack on Til Temir.
* On March 26, three children were injured as a result of an attack on Ain Issa.
* On March 22, two children were injured in an attack on Ain Issa.
* On 18 May, four children were injured as a result of an attack on Ain Issa.
* On July 4, a child was injured as a result of an attack on Ain Issa.
* On 15 May, a child was injured as a result of the attacks in rural Manbij.
* On August 29, 2022, two children were killed in an attack on the village of Bêr Ereb in Manbij.
* On 2 July, two children were killed in an attack on the village of Hesen Mezin in Manbij.
* On August 9, four children were injured in the Cirnik neighborhood of Qamishlo.
* On August 16, three children were killed and two others wounded in an attack on Kobanê.
* On September 13, a child was seriously injured and killed in an attack in Shehba.
* On 27 September, five children were injured in an attack on Zirgan.
* On October 27, two children aged three and four were injured in an attack on Sherewa.
* In August, two children were killed in a targeted attack on a vehicle in the Sinaa neighborhood of Qamishlo.
* On 9 February, a child was killed and another injured as a result of an air strike on the countryside in Amude.
* On January 8, a four-year-old child lost his foot in an airstrike.
* On 4 August, 6 children aged 6-15 were injured in an air raid in Til Rifet.
* On August 19, five girls were martyred and four others were injured in an airstrike against a UN-monitored special education institution in the village of Şemûka in Hesekê.
* On March 6, three children were injured in the village of Til Ziêtir in Hesekê.
* On 2 March, two children aged 5 and 11 were injured in Shehba.
* On 3 April, one child died and two others were injured in Qamishlo.
* On September 7, four children were injured in Kobanê.
* On September 25, two children were injured in the village of Deir ez-Zor in Tabiyê.
* On 15 November, a 9-year-old child suffered a hand injury in rural Afrin.
9 femicides in camp al-Hol
* On April 19, two unknown women and an Iraqi woman were found dead.
* On April 21, a Syrian woman was found dead.
* On June 16, a woman from Deir ez-Zor was found dead.
* On June 22, a woman was found dead.
* On 23 June, a woman was injured as a result of blows to the arm and neck.
* On July 8, two women were murdered.
* On July 17, a Syrian woman was found dead.
9 women kidnapped in occupied territories
* On February 4, a woman was tortured in the village of Kitix in Afrin.
* On February 27, an 18-year-old woman was arrested and raped while trying to enter Turkey.
* On March 20, a ransom of $20,000 was demanded by the family of a woman kidnapped by Turkish-backed mercenaries.
* On April 7, a 27-year-old woman died in a rocket attack in Afrin.
* On April 16, a 24-year-old mother of five was kidnapped.
* On April 21, a 19-year-old woman was kidnapped by Jabhat al-Shamiya.
* On 1 May, a 62-year-old woman was injured as a result of an armed clash between mercenaries.
* On 3 May, a woman from the village of Tîtka in Afrin was kidnapped.
* On June 3, a woman from the village of Kaxre was kidnapped by Amshat’s mercenary group.
* On June 29, a 20-year-old woman committed suicide in Afrin.
* On July 24, a woman was kidnapped in Sherewa, Afrin.
* On August 21, two women were detained by the Turkish gendarmerie.
* On September 15, an 18-year-old woman was arrested when she tried to cross the border.
* On September 30, two women aged 34 and 32 were kidnapped in Afrin and released for ransom.
7 women killed, 24 women injured
* On January 8, four women were injured in the shelling of the village of Qeremox in Kobanê.
* On 2 February, a woman was injured in the shooting at Zirgan.
* On February 9, two women aged 18 and 23 were wounded in the shelling of Manbij.
* On February 24, three women were injured in a drone attack on the Qamishlo-Amude road.
* On 27 February, a woman was injured in the shooting at Til Temir.
* On March 31, a 42-year-old woman was injured after an ISIS-placed landmine exploded in Shehba.
* On 15 April, a woman was injured in the shooting against Manbij.
* On May 30, a 31-year-old woman died and another woman was injured after a car was attacked in Qamishlo.
* On 2 June, a woman was injured in an attack on Zirgan.
* On 2 June, a woman was injured as a result of a rocket attack on Zirgan.
* On July 24, two women died in an artillery attack in Til Temir.
* On July 30, 4 women (two of them 25 years old, others 60 and 63) were injured in an artillery attack in Til Temir.
* On July 26, a 20-year-old woman died in an artillery attack in Shehba.
* On 4 August, two women aged 23 and 24 were injured in a drone attack in Til Rifet.
* On August 9, a woman was injured in the shooting against Qamishlo.
* On August 9, a woman died as a result of a drone attack near the Covid-19 hospital.
On August 16, a 40-year-old woman was injured in a drone attack in Kobanê.
* On 24 August, a 21-year-old woman was killed in a drone attack in Til Rifet.
* On November 20, two women were killed in an airstrike on the village of Dêrîk in Teqil Beqil.